Volvo Penta 2000 Series Diesel Marine Engines
The original Volvo Penta 2000 series of Marine Diesel engines were introduced in 1983, with the last engines produced in 1993. The Volvo 2000 diesel engines ranged in power output from 9 to 43 horse power. The Volvo 2000 boat engines were often mated to a Volvo MS or MS2 gearbox or to a Volvo Saildrive unit. The range included…
- Volvo Penta 2001 single cylinder diesel engines – 9HP
- Volvo Penta 2002 twin cylinder diesel engines – 18HP
- Volvo Penta 2003 three cylinder diesel engines -28HP
- Volvo Penta 2003T three cylinder turbo charged diesel engines – 43HP
Choose your engine variant from the list below.
What is the color code of Volvo Penta Green Engine Paint?
Volvo Penta engines are supplied coated with a dark green paint. This is a proprietary color, and a spray can is available as an OEM part, but the RAL code closest to that of Volvo Penta Green is 6012. If you provide your local auto shop with the RAL code, they can usually get you a can of paint in that color. Also known as Ford Meadow Green.
Volvo Penta “MD” 2000 Series Diesel Marine Engines
The Volvo 2000 “MD” series of Marine Diesel engines were introduced in 1993, with the last engines produced in 2005. The Volvo 2000 diesel engines were all naturally aspirated and ranged in power output from 10 to 38 horse power. Typically mated to a MS10L gearbox (MS15A for the 2040) or an MS25S sail drive, the range included…
- Volvo Penta MD2010 twin cylinder diesel engines – 10HP
- Volvo Penta MD2020 twin cylinder diesel engines – 19HP
- Volvo Penta MD2030 three cylinder diesel engines – 29HP
- Volvo Penta MD2040 three cylinder diesel engines – 38HP
Choose your engine…